Magic SC Field Coordinator: Tim Meinholz, CoachingdirectorTim@magicsoccer.org
Magic SC Administrator: Kristin Ruprecht, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608.288.9390
Magic SC Referee Assignor: Bryan Gruchow, email@example.com,
Alliance League Scheduler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Conditions and Player Safety are the only reasons a game could be cancelled. There are two possibilities:
- Fields are unplayable on game day morning: Home Club’s Field Coordinators makes the decision to cancel play for player safety and/or the health of the fields before 7AM on game day. In-House Leagues: Field Coordinators contacts Referee Assignor and each Magic team coach/manager. Referee Assignor contacts the assigned referees. The referees will not be paid. All Other Competitions: Field Coordinators contacts home team coach/manager and Referee Assignor. Home team coach/manager contacts away team coach/manager. Referee Assignor contacts the assigned referees. The referees will not be paid.
- Fields were playable in the morning but, conditions worsen and field becomes unplayable: If the Field Coordinators has made the decision that the fields are playable but, the field conditions continue to worsen, the home coach/manager could make the decision to cancel the game for player safety and/or the health of the field. Field Coordinator should be consulted in this situation. More than three hours prior to the game start time: The home coach/manager contacts Field Coordinators, Referee Assignor and away team coach/manager. The Referee Assignor contacts the assigned referees. The referees are not paid. Within three hours of the game start time: The decision to play will be made at the field. The referee(s) must be part of this decision making process and are paid in full. After the game start time or the game has already started: The decision to stop, suspend or terminate a game lies exclusively with the referee. The referees are paid in full.
Thunder/Lightning Reminder: At the field the decision to stop, suspend or terminate a game lies exclusively with the referee regarding any severe weather conditions. Once a referee suspends the game because of thunder/lightning, all participants are to move away from the fields and into a storm shelter or vehicle. Referees are reminded to keep participants away from the field and not to restart the game until at least 30 minutes following the last detectable thunder or lightning.
Game Rescheduling Procedure:
- Inform Referee Assignor and Field Coordinator via email as soon as possible that the original game may be changing. The email must include the original game details (game number, date, time and location) as well as the reason the game change is being requested.
- Home coach/manager works with away coach/manager to coordinate potential new game details.
- Home coach/manager confirms field availability for proposed new game date/time/location with Magic Administrator.
- Home coach/manager emails:
- The original game information (game number, date, time, site).
- The new game information (date, time and site).
- This email must include the away coach/manager, the Magic Field Coordinator, Referee Assignor, and Alliance League Scheduler (see above), and Magic Administrator.
- Referee Assignor will allow time for any recipients to correct game detail changes.
- Referee Assignor will ‘reply all’ once the change is update in the system showing the updated game details.
- If the updated details are incorrect, please ‘reply all’ with the correct information.
- Referee Assignor will update the referee schedules. Alliance League Scheduler will update the schedule on GotSoccer.
Lauren Trentadue, Club Administrator
Sarah Hall, Director of Operations
Magic Soccer Club
PO Box 46585, Madison WI 53744