- All new players to Tryouts and Magic Select MUST have either their birth certificate, passport photo, or other government or school issued document showing the child’s name and date of birth verified by the Club Administrator. Families must complete this task using one of the following options: 1) bring a copy to Tryouts and present at check-in for in-person verification 2) email a copy to the Magic Club Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once verified, all electronic copies are promptly destroyed. Your child will NOT be added to the roster until proof of birth is verified.
- Player evaluations at Tryouts are completed by: Magic’s Coaching Director; the coach for your child’s age group; 1-2 other Magic coaches. If your child is not selected for a Select team, Magic SC will be forming recreational teams at each age group to provide a spot for every player who wishes to play. If we do not have enough players to form a team, we will collaborate with neighboring clubs to find your child a team to play on.
- Those needing a scholarship should refer to the Scholarship page magicsoccer.org (Scholarships) and notify the Magic SC Administrator immediately after an offer is made to your child which level of scholarship is needed. You may also contact the administrator BEFORE offers are made to notifying the Club as to your player's financial aid needs. During registration, click the “Apply for Financial Aid” button and the Administrator will go into the system and accept the request.
- This is a full-year commitment. If your child or family is not willing to commit both Fall and Spring to a Select team, then please reconsider your options. If you accept an offer to play on a Select team, you are responsible for all payments for Fall and Spring which includes Coach, referee and tourney fees. This does NOT include: indoor/futsal fees or coach fees during the off-season.
- If your child is offered a spot on a Select team, registration for that team is $300 and is due at the time of registration. Payment includes 8 games in Fall and Spring, and Winter Training 1x per week which begins in late January and runs through March or early April.
- Encourage your child to do his/her best and do not worry about mistakes! Coaches look at how a player recovers from their mistake (Effort! Attitude!).
- Payments for Tryouts made by check MUST be paid on the 1st day of Tryouts.
- Please stay for the Parent Meeting held as soon as players take the field for Tryouts on their 1st day of Tryouts. A Club representative will be communicating important information and to answer questions.
- We ask that if you stay, please do so at a distance. No parents are allowed near the field. Allow you player to shine all by themself!
Offers are sent to families via email through Demosphere's (Magic's registration system) system. There is an Accept and Decline button within the email. If you accept the offer, you will be taken immediately to Magic's Demosphere system to register.
- Once an offer is made to your child for a Select team, you have 24 hours to make a decision. If you will be gone during Offers, please designate a representative who can accept/decline on your behalf and arrange for payment to be made to the Club. You may also contact the club administrator and communicate your wishes.
- Players who are not offered a spot on a Select team are welcome to register for the Recreational Division (MAYSA League).
- Registration for the Select team ($300) must occur at the time of registration following your electronic acceptance of the roster spot. Your child’s updated photo must be uploaded into Demosphere registration system at this time. No player will be placed onto a roster until their registration fee is paid, date of birth is verified, and photo is uploaded.
- If you have requested a scholarship, during registration please click the “Apply for Financial Aid” button and the Administrator will go into the system and accept the request.
- The team manager and/or treasurer will be notified privately if your child is receiving a scholarship so you are not requested to pay what you requested.
- Once your child is on the roster, the Administrator will upload the entire roster into Stefan’s Soccer store’s uniform system in June. You will receive an email from Stefan’s with instructions how to order a uniform. All uniform numbers are assigned by the Administrator and are non-negotiable—do not ask Stefan’s to change your child’s number nor the club administrator! If you received a scholarship that includes the basic uniform pieces, you still need to order the uniform but will not be required to pay.
- A team meeting (coaches, parents and players) will be held in the summer. During these meetings you will meet your coach and decide which tournaments to enter. Bring your calendar!
- Each team needs a volunteer Team Manager and Team Treasurer. Please consider volunteering for one of these roles. The manager assists the coach in communicating information regarding games and practices, entering roster, practice/game information into TeamSnap, and paying the referees. He or she may also assist the treasurer in collecting fees including tournament fees. The treasurer collects and prepares payment for the coach, referees, and tournament fees.
**Please pay all fees on time. Failure to do so will result in your child’s suspension from practices and games, which means no playing until they are paid.
Magic Soccer Club
PO Box 46585, Madison WI 53744