All 9U&10U teams play a full year (Fall and Spring) in the MAYSA League. The MAYSA League is a league run by our district office, Madison Area Youth Soccer Association. Depending on where the team is bracketed, your team may play recreational or academy-based teams. Teams can either be all-girls or co-ed. Team formation will be on a first come, first serve basis. Registration cost is $120. Please visit our MAYSA League web page for further information. http://www.magicsoccer.org/home/join-us/age-groups/maysa-league/
All new players to Magic SC will need to purchase a uniform and size 4 ball. Uniforms can be purchased during registration; a full uniform costs approximately $50 and includes a green and white jersey, one pair of black shorts and one pair of black socks. Players may wear the uniform pieces as long as it fits, or tryout and make a Select team at the 11U age.
Roster maximum is set at 14 unless the coach/es determine differently. Playing time will decrease as more children are added to the roster.
There are 7 players on the field per team, including a goalkeeper. The game length is 2 halves at 25 minutes. Paid referees are used; coaches are volunteers and do not get paid. A size 4 ball is used for both U9 and U10 teams. Goal size is 6'x18'.
All spectators should sit on the side opposite side of the field from both team's benches. Please do not sit or stand behind the goals, as this distracts the players. Remember to let the coaches do the coaching!!
There is no heading of the ball allowed! No slide tackling either.
NEW to soccer: the build-out line. U.S. Soccer implemented the build-out line as a way for players to learn to build an attack from the back field. Please read a brief summary of how it will be implemented:
- Our 9U and 10U age groups are considered part of our Recreational Division. These age groups use a size 4 ball, which is the next size up than what players have used from Kindergarten through 8U. If you need financial assistance to purchase a ball, please contact Director of Operations Sarah Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last season's 8U age group will enter the 9U and 10U age group to play in the MAYSA League. There is travel to this league when playing at your opponent's fields.
- The MAYSA League is comprised of almost 40 clubs in the southwest portion of the state.
- Teams at the 9U and 10U age group are aligned (bracketed) geographically, which means you may play teams from, as an example, Monona, Verona, Mount Horeb, Waunakee, Sun Prairie, or within Madison.
- After the 10U year, players have two options: 1) Continue to play in the Recreational Division on a 11U or 12U MAYSA League team, or 2) attend Tryouts for the opportunity to play on a Select team.
Lauren Trentadue, Club Administrator
Sarah Hall, Director of Operations
Magic Soccer Club
PO Box 46585, Madison WI 53744