Have fun, meet friends and learn skills!
What is a Kinde team?
Magic's Kinde teams provide an introduction to soccer for area Kindergartners. Volunteer coaches use a mix of traditional and non-traditional games to teach soccer fundamentals, self-awareness and team concepts. Our end of season festival provides a nurturing environment for competitive play. NEW this year! Kindergarteners can register for a FULL year (Fall '21 & Spring '22) OR HALF year (Spring '22). Your choice!
The Kinde program is for Kindergarteners only and there are no birth year requirements. The registration fee is $160 per player for the full-year program, or $96 for spring-only. Registration for the full-year includes Fall and Spring practices and games, the Kinde Jamboree, a size 3 soccer ball, and a full uniform (includes one green and one white jersey, one pair black shorts, and socks). Fees are due at the time of registration. Uniforms are ordered at the time of registration. Registration for the spring-only program includes Spring practices and games, the Kinde Jamboree, and size 3 soccer ball, and a full uniform (see prior description). Shin guards and athletic shoes (or soccer cleats) are required footwear, but not provided. There are no coach, referee or tournament fees. For Scholarship information, please contact our Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE.
Registered players are generally grouped on teams of 10-12 players by school or neighborhood within the Memorial High School attendance area. We do our best to honor friend requests and welcome established youth teams into our league. For more information, contact our Administrator at email@example.com. All teams require 2- 3 volunteer coaches and a team manager. Want to register with a friend? During registration please type in the friend's name in the Friend Request area to assure your place on a team together! Players who register for spring-only will either be added to a full-year team or placed on a team with other spring-only registrants.
Team Leadership - We need volunteers!
Magic Soccer is a volunteer-led organization that relies on parent volunteers to organize and lead teams. If you are interested in volunteering as a Coach or Manager, please contact our Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Assistant Director of Coaching will be on site during Kinde programming to facilitate practice sessions and answer questions.
- Lead weekly practices and games
- No soccer experience is necessary
- Practice plans provided
- Training Requirements
- Attendance at the ('Y1') Coach Clinic from Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association (typically there is a course scheduled in Madison or surrounding community; this is a 1-time 3-hr course)
- More information on the coaching requirements can be found on MAYSA's website
- Risk Management Requirements
- All coaches must apply for a Risk Management Pass (approx $15), which includes a background check.
- Safe Sport Certificate: Safe Sport is an educational requirement for anyone working with youth and is required by the State association.
- Assists the coaching staff with team communications and roster management
- Risk Management Requirements
- All managers must apply for a Risk Management Pass (approx $15), which includes a background check.
For more information, visit our Coaches and Managers page.
Practices for the Full Year program will begin in mid-August, and in April for the spring season. The Fall season runs from September to late October, and Spring season begins in April and runs through mid-June. Games are played Saturday mornings or early afternoons, or Sunday afternoons at Wexford Park. There are no games on Memorial Day weekend.
Kinde games are played 3v3 with no goalkeepers and no referees. Coaches assist players on the field while teams play concurrent games on 2 side-by-side fields.
Magic Soccer Club
PO Box 46585, Madison WI 53744